Accurate tracking of employee hours is necessary for every business enterprise. Timely data recorded, ensures timely payroll processing. It helps enforce attendance and time-off policies of the company. To make the tracking and gathering of data more efficient, and to cut down time-consuming and cumbersome tasks in the process, the right time and attendance software has to be chosen and customised.
This is where a versatile software like TimeCheck can play a vital role, like in gathering reliable data that can be recorded and used later for reporting and other tasks. Proper tracking of work hours and related data can help reduce costs for the company, besides improving productivity and ROI.
Some of the best features to have in the system:
- Well-maintained recording devices are needed. Various time recording devices, like a wall-mounted card swiping machine, actually an updated version of the biometric system, can record the hours and transfer data to a computer system, where attendance and employee hours are accurately calculated to the benefit of employees and company.
- Mobile attendance feature for remote employees. Employees who work remotely can be tracked by the HR administration via a mobile accessible system. Cell phones can be deployed to collect or record data regarding attendance, movement and work hours done. This data ca be integrated with the payroll system for accurate results.
- Get an attendance system that integrates well. Capturing the data is only one part of the solution. Processing the data is the other part that software does with seamless integration. This is critical for time and payroll calculation.
- Automate for regulatory compliance. Accurate tracking also helps meet many regulatory requirements. The solution should be built to easily comply with government and international policies and guidelines.
- Attendance software and tracking system should help administrative and reporting tasks. The best time and attendance software should be intuitive to use in the daily process. Before purchase, a demo can give the company a chance to trial the system. The software should be comprehensive and scalable to meet future needs.
- Select a Cloud hosted system. Accurate attendance records help in controlling labour costs. However, the system could be expensive if installed internally and linked with hardware. So, opting for a tracking system that’s cloud-based, offers an easier and cheaper solution.
- Keep the process online and centralise it. Choose a solution that is fast, simple, trouble-free and online for easy accessibility. It will help in easy centralisation of the system. Easy for both management and employees to record work hours and other data for processing later.